30 Apr 2012

Character sketch Day 16(541 words)

Day Sixteen: Let it slip away.

Focus Word - Disappointment

Song Prompt - LittleLion Man by: Mumford & Sons

Weep for yourself, myman,
You'll never be what is in your heart Weep, little lion man,
You're not as brave as you were at the start
Rate yourself and rake yourself
Take all the courage you have left
Wasted on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head

But it was not your fault but mine
And it was your heart on the line
I really f---d it up this time Didn't I, my dear?
Didn't I, my dear?

Tremble for yourself, my man,
You know that you have seen this all before
Tremble, little lion man,
You'll never settle any of your scores
Your grace is wasted in your face,
Your boldness stands alone among the wreck
Now learn from your mother or else spend your days biting your own neck

But it was not your fault but mine
And it was your heart on the line
I really f----d it up this time
Didn't I, my dear?

But it was not your fault but mine
And it was your heart on the line
I really f----d it up this time
Didn't I, my dear? Didn't I, my dear?

"Trisha!!! Come I will show you the heaven. We can have a picnic. I am sure you will love it. It is just like your dream place....You know you used to tell me about.", Ishaan speaks.

"Nature's beauty without any commercialization, you mean. Only birds to hear my call and water to answer it." I reply dreamingly not hoping for any such place. "

" Absolutely. It is like God's castle on earth. You will absolutely love it. The place reminded me of you when I first saw it. Even today I go there to forget.Come." He insists."
I know I should refuse him. We are spending more and more time together. I am afraid that we will forget our friendship and move again to the next level. And this time it will be more difficult. He is carrying in himself the baggage of his first wife's death. I am encumbered with betrayal. I do not know how can I protect myself. It is like I am being weaved into the web of love and I do not have any weapon against it. Still I am unable to say no to him and i agree,sentencing myself again to emotional tumult.

"OK Ishaan. We will go."

I am rewarded by his beautiful grin.

"Trish you need to wear some flats, so that you Di not fall. And change into something comfortable. It will be a long hike. "

As predicted by Ishaan it was two km of uphill walk. But it was amazing. It was like walking in the canopy of trees. We have carried a backpack filled with food and water. The winding may lost its difficulty amidst our conversation. It felt as I was conversing after so long. Suddenly, I skipped and backpack fell from my hand.

We are so far away from civilizationand I lost our food. I am worried. Ishaan cones to me running. He is shouting "Trish !Trish!"

He raise his hand and I flinch away from his touch. He looks at his raised hand and I realize he was trying to embrace me, not hit me. He murmurs,"Its alright Trish. I am not angry. Just calm. You are not hurt anywhere are you? I should have noticed the loose stone there. I am sorry Trish. I just did not realize. I should have been more careful.I am never going to hit you."

His gentleness is too much for me."You do not need to be sorry. Its my fault. I am not yet over him you know. Sometimes I still have nightmares. " I start sobbing with the strain of everything.

Ishaan takes me in his arms and let me cry it all out. "Trish he was a bastard. Don't let him ruin your life. Give your life a chance."

"Ishaan I do not want to be a disappointment."

"You will never be. You are treasure. If someone did not care to cherish , then it's that idiot's fault. Just let it go. "

I continue sobbing till I have let all my frustration flow in tears. "You must be thinking I am so messed up. "

"No , I am thinking that we have still some trail left to reach our destination. Come let us go."

No comments:

Post a Comment