20 Apr 2012

Character Sketch-Day 6 (524 words)


Day 6: Head Over Heels / Tears For Fears

(Focus Word: Admiration)

I wanted to be with you alone
And talk about the weather
But traditions I can trace
Against the child in your face

Won't escape my attention
You keep your distance with a system of touch
And gentle persuasion
I'm lost in admiration, could I need you this much

Oh, you're wasting my time
You're just wasting time

Something happens and I'm head over heels
I never find out till I'm head over heels
Something happens and I'm head over heels

Ah, don't take my heart
Don't break my heart
Don't throw it away

I made a fire and watching burn
Thought of your future
With one foot in the past
Now just how long will it last

No, no, no, have you no ambition
My mother and my brothers
Used to breathe in clean in air
(Changes with those)
And dreaming I'm a doctor
(They can't stop)

It's hard to be a man
When there's a gun in your hand
Oh, I feel so

Something happens and I'm head over heels

And this my four leaf clover
I'm on the line, one open mind
This is my four leaf clover


Dear Apu,

How are you? I am enjoying myself. Yesterday I went to explore this gorgeous place. This place is everything Google boasted of. The mountains, the sound of sea-surf are enthralling. I will send you the pictures soon. But the beauty of the place is so volatile that it won’t be captured in the pictures.

Today is first day of my job. I am in the hotel lobby, waiting for my car to arrive. I am nervous and afraid. I have to pass this test successfully. I have to mix the taste of India and Wales in one. And doing this in a country which is new to me will be far more difficult. But I know I will be able to manage.

You know yesterday was my first nightmare free night. My fiancée was not there. Instead, my dream was filled with vision of Ishaan. I do not know why, after these eight years, I can feel him again around me. Today, my heart is filled with love and admiration for him. I want to hold him and be held by him. I want to be aloe with him and hear the discussion of something as mundane as weather. I know he cannot be here. The day I left Paris, I knew I had broken all ties to him. I have kept him as a memory hidden in my heart in thousand covers. But today, why does it seem that my desire has resurfaced? Why does it feel that somewhere he is also thinking about me? Tell me, can anyone occupy your heart for as long as eight years without being in touch?

I know you will say that I will find many people like Ishaan but I have just not opened myself. But I tried very hard with my fiancée. Though my attempts were not successful, but still they were honest attempts. I am not second-guessing my decision of leaving him. I knew it was the right thing to do. Though nobody understands it now, but someday they will realize what courage it took to refuse this engagement.

Sometimes I do wonder I have a habit of falling for wrong guys. I mean, think about Ishaan- I knew we were together for only three months, still I fell head over heels for him. Still I burnt the candle of care for him. I know he had ambitions and his whole life ahead him, why should he have come to India for me but still I hoped. Then there is my fiancée who did not have any time or intention of caring about me. But I do not wish to talk anymore about him.

Ishaan must be a big business tycoon. Obviously he had the graduation from University of Paris and financial back-up required. I hope I can be half successful as him.

I guess I am writing too much about those guys who left but you already know that I have a habit of blabbering when I am nervous. There is no one else here who can hear my nonsense. But I can always trust you to hear me and understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment