28 Apr 2012

Character Sketch -Day 14 (618 words)

Day Fourteen: Try to understand
Focus word :- Intention

You know sometimes, baby, I'm so carefree with a joy that's hard to hide.
And then sometimes it seems again that all I have is worry,
and then you're bound to see my other side.

But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good;
oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.

If I seem edgy, I want you to know, I never meant to take it out on you.
Life has its problems, and I get more than my share;
but that's one thing I never mean to do 'cause I love you.

Oh baby, I'm just human.
Don't you know I have faults like anyone? Sometimes I find myself alone regretting some little foolish thing; some simple thing that I've done.

But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good;
oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.

Don't let me be misunderstood.
I try so hard, so don't let me be misunderstood.

I am leaving my hotel. We have successfully created a press kit. My back hurts from sitting so long in a chair. I just want to walk round and round till the blood rushes to my feet. It was difficult job but finally we have settled a layout for a press release as per Mr Wilson's satisfaction. All in all, a good day of work.

For sometime, I was actually able to forget reappearing of Ishaan in my life. But now as I am getting out of the office and see his jeep parked outside, all the morning emotions resurface.

I do not want to sit in the jeep but neither I want to create a scene. And probably self sufficient people also need help in a new countries. I realize that the best course for me and my heart will be to maintain a polite friendship with him. I am a mature woman. I can have handle a simple friendship with one of my exes. I just need to avoid the emotional entanglements. Resolving to behave like a woman of world, I enter his car.

"I guess I have passed your internal debate test, now that you are sitting here. Come on Trish, I told you I will pick you up in the evening. You could have done your delebrations many times now. But no, you had to make me wait in this freezing temperature like a fool." Ishaan lashes at me. I am bewildered. I just made him wait for a few moment. I do not deserve this idiotic shouting.

"Ishaan it was just a few minutes. and you actually cannot blame me for being reluctant. My distrust is a gift from you. I do not blame you but you of all the people should be able to understand."

"Trish...." he tries to speak but my fury has been unleashed. I had have enough of overbearing males.

"You Ishaan, you were the one who left in the dark of the night without letting me say even a good bye. You knew I just had a week more in Paris but instead of making future plans you relented on your plimited. Not only that you took a coward's way out. And now you waltz again in my life trying to help me and you expect me to believe you blindly ?  I have a news for you Mr. Ishaan Verma. I do not care to be a fool again. I will decide the extent of our relationship and I will take as much time I need." I stop my tirade noticing the emotions on his face.He looks as if he is in pain.

"I am sorry Trisha. My intentions were not to be overbearing brute. But I guess I deserve all the blames." Ishaan speaks with a self depreciating laugh." I am really, really sorry. For now and for past as well. I do not think I can justify to you in anyway what I did. But please do not misunderstand me. I would not be able to bear if you will also hate me. I somehow believe that you woyld forgive me, somehow understand me. But I was helpless Trisha. I will never hurt you. I am not trying to make amends for the past. I also don't expect you to swoon after you. I am just offering to help you."

"I understand Ishaan. I accept, rather need your help. But seeing you talking like that resurrected the old ghosts."

"Come Trisha.Blame my boorish behavior on this freezing weather. And tell me whats is first in your shopping list?"

I smile,"Mr. Ishaan you are truly in my clutches.I believe I will make you loot the whole of Slaughter Creek."

No comments:

Post a Comment