24 Apr 2012

Character Sketch-Day 10(709 words)


Day Ten: Everyone's got a habit.
Focus Word - Habit

Song Prompt - I've Been Loving You Too Long by: Otis Redding

I've been loving you too long to stop now

There were time and you want to be free
My love is growing stronger, as you become a habit to me
Oh I've been loving you a little too long
I dont wanna stop now, oh
With you my life,
Has been so wonderful
I can't stop now

There were times and your love is growing cold
My love is growing stronger as our affair [affair] grows old
I've been loving you a little too long, long,
I don't want to stop now
oh, oh, oh
I've been loving you a little bit too long
I don't wanna stop now
No, no, no

Don't make me stop now
No baby
I'm down on my knees Please, don't make me stop now
I love you, I love you,
I love you with all of my heart
And I can't stop now
Don't make me stop now
Please, please don't make me stop now
Good god almighty I love you
I love you, I love you, I love you
I love you, I love you
I love you in so many different ways...
I love you in so many different ways....


Dear Apu

What shall I tell you about today?The day was bouquet of events. It was a fantastic day with the shocking end. I went to the hotel. It was awesome- the décor, the staff and the cleanliness- it was all as we expected it to be. It just needs the few finishing touches. I met Wilson. We have been working on this design for so long that it felt like I knew him from ages. He welcomed me warmly. Most of the staff I met was young and pleasing. So no problems there as well. It was just too good to be true. I know you will say that I am jinxing myself but believe me, these people did not condescend my work like others in India. They accepted that my work was important. Well, I know placid waters also have some ripples. We will see the ripples as and when the times come. For now, I want to think that all is fine there.

While returning I saw a book café and went inside. It was heaven. The wonderful smells of vellum, parchment, and pungent leather almost caused me to salivate. The dazzling array of book colors and  bindings was a feast for the eyes. It had been long since I have escaped into the world of these characters.  I know you fear that I will forget the real world in these characters but books are my best friends – after you, of course. selected a beautiful romance novel. I got so engrossed in it that I did not notice the time.  When I came out, there was nothing but mist every where. Those tendrils of fog curled around me embracing me, caressing me. I walked aimlessly trying to forget myself. And then as usual I lost myself. I mean I guess I must have taken some wrong turn somewhere. Don’t tell mom. She will again start on my habit of losing my way. I assure you I am safe.

I was trying to find back my way to hotel. Not many people were there on the road owing the fog- so I just sat down on a pavement to calm myself so that I can think about retracing the way. But suddenly I heard growling of dogs. Now I think to it must have come from the house gate. I was so panicked that I got up to move and twisted my foot. I know you will say tell me something new but that is what happened. Why have inherited this habit of misbalancing myself at every turn-physically and emotionally both? Why can’t I inherit the beauty or grace of my mother?

You will incredulous to hear what happened next. Before I could think of something, a car materialized with a guy in it. He asked me if he could help me. But I could not reply. It was dumbstruck by that voice. It was Ishaan-in his real self. He shouted on me for falling again (Quit laughing!!). He dropped me back at hotel.

He asked about my engagement. He said that he had always kept track of me. I should be flattered but I feel so betrayed. I mean I had loved him for so long.  After I came back from France, he occupied every conscious thought of mine but I never could get to know about him. But he always knew about me and  was not even aware. I waited and waited. But neither he came, nor any news from him. I thought may be his so called eternal love had gone cold. I was so hurt hearing that traitorous voice telling me to stop loving him because he did not care. But Apu he did care. He kept track of me. But then, why did he never tell me? I am so damned confused now.

You must be thinking that why did not I ask him. But as usual, he was asking the questions and I could not snake even a single question in between. But he is meeting me tomorrow at breakfast. I do not know what is he doing here. I will ask him tomorrow.

Yes, yes I will get the local number tomorrow. Don’t worry. I am fine.

Bye

Tc and say hello to mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment