25 Apr 2012

Character Sketch- Day 11 (515 words)


Day Eleven: Let it all hang out.

Focus Word - Chill

Song Prompt - Let It All Hang Out by: the Hombres

(spoken): "A preachment, dear friends, you are about to receive
on John Barleycorn, nicotine, and the temptations of Eve"
(Bronx cheer)

No parkin' by the sewer sign
Hot dog, my razor's broke
Water drippin' up the spout
But I don't care, let it all hang out

Hangin' from a pine tree by my knees
Sun is shinin' through the shade
Nobody knows what it's all about,
It's too much, man, let it all hang out

Saw a man walkin' upside down
My T.V.'s on the blink
Made Galileo look like a Boy Scout
Sorry 'bout that, let it all hang out

Sleep all day, drive all night
Brain my numb, can't stop now
For sure ain't no doubt
Keep an open mind, let it all hang out

It's rainin' inside a big brown moon
How does that mess you baby up, leg
Eatin' a Reuben sandwich with sauerkraut
Don't stop now, baby, let it all hang out

Let it all hang out (harmonized) [repeat to fade]


It is morning again. I do not want to get up. I am afraid if I get up I will realize it was all a dream. I met Ishaan again yesterday, didn’t I? And if I did not get up I will realize it is all reality. Ohh god, no, no, no!! I won’t think about it again. I had spent my night tossing turning in this bed- imagining all kind of scenarios. I won’t be a fool again. I was done with spending my time in thinking of Ishaan- I won’t think about him. With the resolve, I get up to get ready.

“Hmmm, I wonder what should I wear?” I spoke aloud to myself. May be the blue silk dress.  I admire the dress on me. “Off, Trisha, Trisha!!! You are going to work, not to a party. You do not need to dress up for Ishaan. “
I finally get prepared-wearing what I picked up by closing my eyes. (I peeked a bit, but that was to be done. After all, I have to maintain my dressing style.)

I see him. He is waiting at the end of the café. He does not need to turn. I know him by the air heavy with his awareness. He, his profile and his face is still fresh in my memory. But this is not fair.  He is not bald; neither he has any protruding belly. He is still as picturesque as ever. But these past years has matured him. Instead of his charm, there is gravity in him – as if he will be there as a rock support. I frown at my fantasies.
“Good morning, Ishaan”.

“Good morning, Trish. How are you this morning? You foot is fine? “

“Ohh as new as ever. You know a small scrape cannot overcome me. “

“Of course, unbreakable as ever.” Ishaan says pulling out a chair for me. “Have a seat. Unbreakable or no, you need you breakfast.” We are served with toast and tea.

“So, Miss Trisha has finally risen over all the customs and bondages. Tell me Trish, how does it feel to tell them all to hang? You feel freed?” Ishaan continued, gazing at me with its penetrable gaze.

“Ishaan, I was never bound; I was just rooted by my responsibilities. And I would have left them earlier as well, but the reason did not arise. It is not easy, you know. To see the chilling behavior of my acquaintances and face their cold shoulders. But I learned to survive. I learned to ignore them. I guess you are right, I learned to tell them all to hang by their idea of wrong and right. I do not care whether they accept it or not- but I know I was right to call off that engagement. I will stand for what is right. I will not let the circumstances dominate me.” I realize I am shaking with excitement, or with the freedom of truth I do not know.

Ishaan starts clapping for me. “Bravo Trish, bravo. Finally my little bird has learned to fly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment