23 Apr 2012

Character Sketch- Day 9 (716 words)


DAY 9

Focus Word - Sick.

Song Prompt - I'm So Sick by: Flyleaf

I will break into your thoughts
With what's written on my heart
I will break, break

I'm so sick,
Infected with where I live
Let me live without this
Empty bliss,
Selfishness
I'm so sick
I'm so sick

If you want more of this
We can push out, sell out, die out
So you'll shut up
And stay sleeping
With my screaming in your itching ears

I'm so sick,
Infected with where I live
Let me live without this
Empty bliss,
Selfishness
I'm so sick
I'm so sick

Hear it, I'm screaming it
You're heeding to it now

Hear it! I'm screaming it!
You tremble at this sound

You sink into my clothes
And this invasion
Makes me feel
Worthless, hopeless, sick

I'm so sick,
Infected with where I live
Let me live without this
Empty bliss,
Selfishness
I'm so sick
I'm so sick

I'm so sick
Infected with where I live
Let me live without this
Empty bliss, selfishness
I'm so
I'm so sick
I'm so
I'm so sick 


I am lurched out of my nerve wrecking limbo by a voice saying “You seem to be hurt? Can I help you?” That voice is very familiar. But he cannot be here, can he be? These few secons stretch like an hour.
“Are you hurt ma’am? Shall I call doctor?” Before I an grasp what to think or how to respond, he is there standing before me. Similar face, but not yet same. He gazes at me, thousands of emotions warring on his face-happiness, hope, curiosity and at last an emotion of infinite sadness. The plethora of emotions playing on his face cannit be captured.

“Trisha??? Is that you really? Are you hurt? Why the hell can’t you stay standing on the ground? Answer me, damn it. Are you hurt in some way?”

“Ishaan, calm down. It is me only. And I am not hurt a lot. I guess I twisted my foot. But you, what are you doing here?”

“Twisted your foot?” Ishaan says with his eyebrows rising to hairline. “Then you are still trying to sweep the ground. Why is it so that the problems always follow you? And why are you in Wales? No, do not answer, let me take you doctor first. Can you walk or do I need to break my back?”

“I guess I can walk.” I hobbled to his car. “I was returning from the office and saw that amazing book café. I got so lost in reading that I didn’t notice the descending fog. Somehow I lost myself in this damn place. I remember the cut was somewhere here only.”

“Trisha, I guess you do not need to know the cut now. Just tell me where you are staying. I am sure I will be able to manage to drive till there.” Ishaan says exasperatedly.

“Min Hotel. There is a card of the place in my bag. Just let me get it.”

“Do not worry Trisha I know the hotel. But first we need to go to Doctor.”

“Doctor” my horror is increased. “You know Ishaan I do not need any doctor. I will be alright. Just take me back to the hotel.”
“Okay. But we will have to move exceedingly slow. This wretched fog reduces visibility. And I do not wish to kill any harmless creature. May be I can hear the story of your being in Wales. Last I knew you were to be engaged. What are you doing here. Pleasure visit with fiancée.”

“You kept knew about my engagement?” Happiness starts warming my blood.”Of course, you kept track. How like you to know everything about me and not inform me.”

His lips quirks into devastating grin.

“Anyways, I did not get engaged.” Ishaan suddenly applies brakes and faces me. “Not engaged? What happened?”

“Nothing happened. I was sick. My fiancée was an ogre disguised as a prince. Have you seen the people who love keeping people under their thumb? He was one of those bullies. For him, I was just a commodity – a commodity to be polished, to be displayed and I guess to be used. I was foolish to expect anything from him. He sucked out every ounce of happiness in me.”

“He was a fool then. Good for you.” I hear Ishaan saying. I am so gone in the story that I do not hear him- just a faint roaring noise.

“He slapped me. I wanted to scream but there was no one to hear me. Then Apu gave me courage.”

Before I can say something else I am treated with his angry gaze. “Good that you are here alone. I would have killed him on your behalf else.”

 Lost in my story, I forgot that we reached the hotel. “But Ishaan what are you doing here.”

He laughs and says “This is a story for another time. You go to your room and rest. Do take the medicine which you always carry. I will meet you at breakfast. You need me to help you inside?”

“Breakfast?”I repeat stupidly.

“Yes princess, breakfast. I assume you know what it means and you still have one. See you tomorrow. And so like you to ignore the question of help. Good Night Trish”

I get down from the car with the warmth and fluttery feelings intact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment