15 Apr 2012

Character sketch -day 1( Word Count: 586 )



A note about the entries under character challenge:


These entries are written for "The Character Sketch Challenge". This means for next 20 days, you will come to know Trisha Malhotra and Ishaan Verma through the eyes of the musical prompts, provided to me. So, welcome to the world of Trisha and Ishaan.


P.S.- Trisha Malhotra and Ishaan Verma are the fictitious characters whose stories are yet to be discovered.

Word Count: 594


Dear Apu

You must be wondering why I am writing this mail when I can call you. And don't worry, I remember it's  morning in India. But as usual, it is important for me to channelize the storm brewing inside me. And obviously, this way you won't interrupt me in between. So here I am, trying to share confidences.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a big day for me- my first day for work in Slaughter Creek. I should be excited for the new responsibilities. I should be terrified for my adventures of being in Wales for the first time. I should be thrilled to visit a place like Slaughter Creek. I should be worried about saying hello in Welsh. But, no. I would be defying my name if I started behaving normally. And also I promised you to let me know what I am thinking before going to sleep. So, with sleep miles away from  me, I am writing to you.

Let me confess something first. My fiancée has not yet left me. He still haunts me in my dreams. I have left my country, my family and you behind to start over again but he followed me in my dreams here as well. As if his insults back home were not enough, I just woke up feeling the sting of his slap on my face again. The pain and confusion of betrayal again assaulted me. It was the same dream. We were standing in the party and he was droning on as usual about how incapable I was for him. And suddenly he got angry for not looking as pretty as his cousin and slapped me. He would have punched me also but I woke. At least, now I was able to protect myself. 

But I still did not cry. I was hoping, may be this time tears will wash away that memory. May be this time I will be able to shout and rage. But no, my eyes were still dry and those screams were still lodged in my throat. I still stood their like a zombie.

What a pitiful creature I have become! I have lost my identity, my confidence for that slime. I tried so much, Apu. And now I wonder will I find someone again? I might have lacked the good fortune of having been loved  greatly, but does that mean I would be doomed to be undesired and unwanted, forever.

That is the actual reason I am here at Slaughter Creek for. I crossed oceans to come to this place which no one has heard of. Once I discovered myself in Paris. Here, I want to rediscover that Trisha who has been lost somewhere- Trisha who used to laugh at every small thing, Trisha who never cared for world's opinion and Trisha who would no have her fiancée take advantage of her. I want to find her again.

And I want to be freed of these wretched dreams! I don' know how to absolve myself of this termite of hatred. He might have treated me like his slave but now, I am here. I do not want that pain to cloud my future.  May be I should consult a doctor, a shrink, to take some counseling. Or may be I should let you kick my butt after reading this utter nonsense. But, I know you are my best friend. You will still love me.

Now I should go off to sleep. Dream or no dream, I have work to start. So good night.

Love

Trisha






No comments:

Post a Comment