18 Apr 2012

Character Sketch - Day 4 (866 words)


Day Four

Focus Word - Dream

Crush a bit, little bit, roll it up, take a hit
Feelin' lit, feelin' light, 2 a.m., summer night.
I don't care, hand on the wheel,
Drivin' drunk, I'm doin' my thing
Rollin in the Midwest side and out,
Livin' my life, getting' out dreams
People told me slow my roll,
I'm screaming out, f--- that
Imma do just what I want,
Lookin' ahead no turnin' back
If I fall, If I die,
Know I lived it to the fullest,
If I fall, if I die,
Know I lived and missed some bullets

CHORUS:
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know,
Everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold
I'll be fine, once I get it, I'll be goooood.
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know,
Everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold
I'll be fine, once I get it, I'll be goooood.

Tell me what you know about dreamin' (dreamin')
You don't really know about nothin' (nothin')
Tell me what you know about them night terrors, every night
5 a.m, cold sweats wakin' up, to the sky
Tell me what you know about dreams, dreams
Tell me what you know about night terrors, nothin'
You don't really care about the trials of tomorrow
Rather lay awake in a bed full of sorrow

CHORUS:
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know,
Everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold
I'll be fine once I get it, I'll be goooood.
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know,
Everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold
I'll be fine, once I get it, I'll be goooood.

I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know,
Everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold
I'll be fine, once I get it, I'll be goooood.

I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know,
Everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold, hey
I'll be fine once I get it, yeah, I'll be good

I'm on the pursuit of happiness
And I know everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold, hey
I'll be fine once I get it, yeah
I'll be good

Pursuit of happiness, yeah.
I don't get it, I'll be good.



I am sitting in my hotel room-getting bored. I am sure if there had been any cracks in the wall, I would have counted them all till now. But hotel wall is absolutely flawless. There is no crack here. And my mind has been wandering in all directions. I need to do something to give some rest to my mind. To kill my time, I decide to explore Slaughter Creek. I know the weather here is treacherous and this is an absolutely new place- unknown in every aspect. I knew if my relatives in India came to know they will call me an idiot. And if I will be lost here, there will be no one whom I can call to help me.

But I was not worried about this. I have tried to live by the rules and dictates of the society and good sense. Today I just want to pursue my happiness. I want to be free – free from my past, from those horrible dreams. I just want to revel in the natural beauty.

And who knows, may be Slaughter Creek has been waiting for me for many years to offer me my prince. Who knows what treasures I will find here.  So, with trepidation and exultation fuelling my blood I step outside. I had to stifle the gasp.Calling it beautiful will be an abuse to nature. It was breathtaking. I notice the driveway flanked on both sides by trees. The trees seem to embrace the hotel. Mountains with the snow filled vain and sunlight crowning these mountains. My thoughts and my sadness dissolved in the air of Slaughter Valley.

There is a chill in the air. So, I decide to explore the nearest market only. The receptionist had indicated that it was nearby only and walk will do me and my mood good.  Slowly every burden lifts from my shoulders. Although for a small period of time, my heart finds that elusive peace. have always loved to go for long walks and exploration of the places. The thrill of the walk, the satisfaction of reaching the destination, the discovery of unimaginable delights on the way and milling people around me, all provide sufficient incentives to me for the long walks I usually go for.

Sometimes, I think I should not have settled in Delhi. I should have gone for the grand tour or may be for the further studies like many of my friends. But it had never been my dreams and one will not be able to muster sufficient enthusiasm for the borrowed dreams or ambitions. I just wanted to grow some roots. Wandering and exploration could have satisfied cravings for the smaller period of time, but in the long run what I wished was to have someone to share and unburden myself to.

The market near to the hotels involves the two lanes dotted with the small shops which seem to sell everything and anything. The shops are marked with both Welsh and English signboard. I heave a huge sigh of relief. I was actually worried about the language. Being alone in a new place was adventurous enough, not knowing the language would have shifted it to the scale of disaster. I browse through the shops. But I knew shopping is not my agenda. I just want to get the feel of the market. But still, I purchase an umbrella and a coat for myself.
 

Across the market, sign of Stroll Bistro was blinking. I decided to treat myself with chocolate for a small step towards my freedom. I entered the Café and had a treat of chocolate donut. I know chocolate can cure anything and everything. Lost in the donuts, I forget the weather of the place. Suddenly, I am sprinkled with chilly water.

“It is raining”, I say to myself. Rain- a medicine for everything.
I decide to take my second step toward my freedom by enjoying this rain. The sense of storm assaults my senses. The fragrance of the wet earth, the touch of the flying shower of the rain drops. I lose my essence in the essence of this storm. The lightning suddenly splits the sky into half. I know I should be afraid but the energy of storm is thrumming in my veins. I want to lose myself fully in the rain. But I remind myself that this is a new country, still unknown to me. I am drenched- soaked to the skin. I am carrying my umbrella but letting the rain wash away everything. People starts looking at me weirdly. They are running hither-tither and I am standing feeling the rain. I see a mother carrying a child and trying to huddle under the sloping roof to protect her child from rain. I look at my umbrella. I will not be using it anyways. So, I give it to her.


I leave the market smiling. May be my good luck is starting to shine again. May be her prayers will help me redefine my life again. May be I will be able to sleep again without those nightmares disturbing. I know I am being too optimistic. Life is never too easy. But may be…..



No comments:

Post a Comment