1 May 2012

Character Sketch-Day 17(550 words)

Day 17 : How to locate reason

Focus word :Reason

"So how do you find my surprise?" Ishaan asked knowing very well what my answer will be. Purple sky with fog caressing my skin. The beautiful view of far-snow Laden mountains and sound of the crashing waves. Even birds seem to paying homage to nature here.

"It is just as what I imagined. You and me in the lap of God where there is no limit to what we do. It is just the place where I wish to be with you, holding your hand, losing myself in your embrace. Isn't it a perfect setting for our rendezvous. Ishaan?"

I turn to notice why he is not replying. Ishaan is looking at me with hooded eyes. He is smiling but his expression is perplexed. And that is when I realize what i am babbling. Somewhere in our camaraderie I forgot that I have left this dream behind.

"No , don't think about it Ishaan. I m a fool -the biggest fool where born in this world. I am rehashing two pasts in my present when neither of it will be my future. Sometimes I forget to reason my emotions. I forget to put a check to my dreams, even nightmares. "

Ishaan moves forward. " You have not forgotten how to reason. You just think too much, you just try to justify everything. Why don't you understand that you just need to live sometimes.  You need to forget and live. "

"Even when I am standing on the edge ?"

"Even then Trish. Especially then!!"

"No, Ishaan. At least you should not advise this to me. You were the one fir who I forgot every reason. Even knowing that I was not any March for you I let you sweep me off my feet. I lost my every thought of future for you. But where did it leave me? Standing alone waiting for you fir 6 months in India? Hoping against every hope that our love will transcend every difficulty ? Expecting that someday I will lose this ever-present emptiness in my heart? What did it leave me with?"

"No Trish. Do not belittle what we had. I do not know what it leave you with me. For me it left me with the knowledge that there is something called selfless love. That there us someone who accepted me for myself not for my love. I will never repent the decision we made in Paris. That was a gift for me. Someday , I hope you will let me explain."

" Why not now ? We both have been skirting around if for so long -avoiding it. Let us take about it now."

"No Trish no today. "

"Why not Ishaan ? Let me lay one of my ghost to rest !"

"Because Trish I want this day to be a day for fulfillment our one dream. " He take me in his arms. His lips skins over my temple. "Do you know I dreamt of this everytime I came here."

And then he kissed me. I resist but we both know I do not want to. The kiss is everything and more. Its our dream and I am helpless before it. I yield and lose myself in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment