17 Jul 2012

Search for Peace

Miles and miles I ran, 
fought the joy, braved the grief,
in search of that elusive peace.

Hundreds temple I hunted,
Heaps of knowledge received,
Still I am far away from that elusive peace.

So hard I tried, 
but there was no reprieve.
I was still beguiled by the elusive peace.

Defeated, I sat under a tree,
Closed my eyes and felt the breeze.
Finally there he was, that elusive peace.

Standing and waiting patiently,
hoping my inner turmoil will cease,
and I will embrace him inside me, that ever living peace.
Picture Credits: google images

10 comments:

  1. Excellent LC...I can almost feel it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can totally feel it, Laxmi! BEAUTIFULLY written! Keep it up!

      Delete
    2. Also, I've added you as a recipient for Liebster Award.

      Here's the link:

      http://twitamic.blogspot.in/2012/07/my-first-blog-award.html

      Enjoy! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank u Vaishali. Both for the award and appreciation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all are in search of it... the elusive peace... it lies within... beautifully written....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the beauty of our search. We move the whole earth but forget to look within to find that peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to connect with you, Loved your lines on chasing peace. I just followed you :)

    ReplyDelete