16 Jul 2012

Treachery of age


There I was, playing with dolls,carefree
Sneakily the age crept, mercilessly
Stealing away my wish for toys and castles,
Giving me the dreams of love to dazzle.

There I was, dreaming of my prince charming, happily
Sneakily the age crept, treacherously
Embezzling away my faith in romance,
Burdening me with worries of finance.

There I was, hoarding my money, securily
Sneakily the age crept, hopelessly
Wasting away my every work for cash,
Leaving me behind with every known ache.

So there I was, mistreated by age, cruelly.
Deceived by the time, brutally.
Plundered of my dreams and hopes to adorn,
Left with the forgotten paradise and rattling bones.



Picture Credits http://davidmartinho.deviantart.com/

6 comments:

  1. LC a whole life in a little poem..woww..some Geetha thoughts here...so what is the purpose..no? Evrybody must think...Great...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the fact. Every moment we run for one thing or the others but neither of those things stays with us. They just float away. And we are left with some new dreams, some new passions.

      Delete
  2. I LOVED it, Laxmi! The picture testifies your words beautifully. Each stanza paints a sad state of lost dreams and lost battles.

    Way to go, girl! Way to go! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Vaishali. That is what I was trying to communicate - the helplessness of the living beings before the attack of Time.

      Delete
  3. nicely composed.... yes it does sneak up on us...

    ReplyDelete