4 Jul 2012

In the name of peace

I hear the rapport of the gun somewhere and wince,
In the name of peace how many lives will sink?


There a gun goes, there a bomb,
People are killed with a huge aplomb.
I hear the voice of traversing chopper and wonder
In the name of peace, how many lives will go asunder.


Children cry, adults pray, but all a waste
After all there can be no innocent in this terrorist state.
I see the vultures scouting the sky,
In the name of peace how many more houses will they destroy.


But I know my pleas of mercy will not go far,
There are casualties in every war.
But still every minute, I try to entreat
to establish peace in the name of peace. 

5 comments:

  1. I like your writing style, Laxmi.

    But still every minute, I try to entreat
    to establish peace in the name of peace.

    Deep thoughts, nice words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LC,
    You have a very sweet blog..:-)Glad to have met you here..:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by!!! See you around! :)

      Delete
  3. Ah LC this is good....happy to read from you.....Thumps up for a peaceful awesome writing journey ahead....

    ReplyDelete